Below is the recipe for triple-cooked chips. These are the best chips you will ever taste.
Here you go:
- Once you have the Maris Pipers and have peeled & cut to shape/size…
- Place them under running water for 10mins to get the starch out of them (or soak them for an hour).
- Then put them in to boiling water for 6 minutes.
- Then lay them on a tray and put in the fridge (that draws moisture out of them).
- When they are cold – ‘poach them’ – into the duck fat fryer at 140deg for ~6mins, or until just getting soft. Note temp – 140deg.
- Then put them back on the tray and back in fridge until they are needed.
- Then when you need them they go in to duck fat fryer at 190deg until brown & ready.
- Then stack them on the plate like the jenga game and enjoy. Add salt to your taste prior to stacking.